Bleeding and Clotting Disorders

Regarding blood clots in head?

05/15/2007

Question:

Hi, I have pasted the previous question and your answer below. In that you asked me that you need some more information like

It`s hard to answer these questions without knowing more about the situations.[this i got from ur answer]you can see the question below.

now my question is If one person is having clot in his head not in brain [sure]. what are the information that you need to answer about wheathear that clot leads to death or we can cure it . please let me know this so that i can get information and will tell you that situations ..

my previous Question: Hello,

Can you tell me that we can cure all kinds of blood clots, or Is there is any possibilites that blood clots will leads to death ? if we find the blood clots in head after 10 years?

Thank you .

and your Answer: It`s hard to answer these questions without knowing more about the situations. "Clots" in the brain can develop over a short period of time or longer, depending on if they were in the veins or the arteries of the brain. The effectiveness of the treatment and the risk of death depends on a lot of factors that all need to be considered before these questions can be answered.

thanks

Answer:

There’s a lot of additional information including the records from the hospitalization, CT or MRI scans, and the relevant blood work for clotting abnormalities. This information, though, has to be interpreted in the context of talking to the patient and examining the patient. It is not possible for me to give any definite answers without seeing the patient and going over the relevant records.

I would encourage you (or the patient) to see a hematologist who is experienced in blood clotting disorders. They can usually be found at most major universities in bigger cities.

I apologize for not being able to give more exact information, but that is not possible or appropriate in a forum such as this one.

Go to the Bleeding and Clotting Disorders health topic, where you can:

Spero R Cataland, MD Spero R Cataland, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Internal Medicine