Urinary Tract Cancers

Urinary/Ejaculatory

05/29/2007

Question:

I had an ultrasound and biopsy of my prostate in which one of the 6 samples was cancerous. Ten days later I pulled out during a sex orgasm and I saw thick dark blood mixed with semen. But during ejaculation I felt a squirt in my colon or abdomen {aren`t sure where it was}, and I believe it was my seminal fluid leaking inside my body -somewhere. Ten days later I retried to see if things returned to normal. Same results. Could the biosy needle have severed the seminal fluid line? Is this typical? Should I expect it to resolve it itself with time? What do I do now?

My oncologist tells me that I don`t need any treatment now; I am on a watchful wating timetable. But I am afraid to have sex due to the aforesaid problem, and I don`t want seminal fluid that may have cancer cells emptied into my abdomen. Any advice will be appreciated.

Answer:

First, the blood is a normal consequence of a prostate biopsy and it will cease in time. I do not think anything like severing your vas deferens (one of the semen carrying tubes) has occurred. I suggest resuming your sex life again as soon as you want to and in time all should return to normal.

Go to the Urinary Tract Cancers health topic, where you can:

R Bruce  Bracken, MD R Bruce Bracken, MD
Professor of Surgery