Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


Pulled muscle in my shoulder



I fell down the stairs and pulled a muscle in my shoulder. That was about two weeks ago and I still have pain. Last week my doctor gave me Norflex which helped alot but my ROM is not the same as it was before. I also have RA and OA. I don`t want my shoulder to freeze up so when is a good time to start some exercise on it and is there any websites that teaches how to exercise it?


Your doctor is suggesting pharmacologic approaches to the pain. This is a temporary approach that may or may not alleviate the actual causes of your pain. We suggest that you see a physiatrist (a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation) who uses non invasive, non pharmacologic approaches to coordinate a physical therapy regimen that includes exercises.

For more information:

Go to the Rehabilitation health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Stephen J Page, PhD Stephen J Page, PhD
Director of Research, Associate Professor
Drake Center
University of Cincinnati