Arthritis and Rheumatism

Alternate Wrist pain in luteal phase

06/26/2007

Question:

I am 27, married, mother of 6 yrs old child. I feel mild to severe pain in wrist in each luteal phase. The pain occurs in alternate wrist in each phase. When I use contraceptive pill (Loette) the pain does not occur. Now after 3 years of regular intake recently I withdraw taking pills. Still I have a regular normal periods with no other significant PMS. But this bizare pain in the wrist which disappear with the onset of period make me helpless. Please Help.

Answer:

This question has been forwarded by Gynecology:

I am not aware of a relationship between the luteal phase and joint pain. The closest I could come on a brief literature search was "luteal phase estradiol and LH were related to the severity of negative premenstrual symptoms." This is not your complaint. A health professional will have to ask a lot of questions to get to the root of this, and probably examine you as well.

Go to the Arthritis and Rheumatism health topic, where you can:

Irving  Kushner, MD Irving Kushner, MD
Professor Emeritus of Medicine