Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook





The vision went in my left eye and my eye doctor could not see any thing wrong for the loss of vision. He sent me to a specialist. My eye doctor thought that I might have had a mini storke. The specialist is sending me for some test. One is a ECHO and the other is some kind of test on the atries in my neck.

Can you tell me what the name of the second test might be?


For your symptoms, we usually want to investigate the health of the carotid arteries, to make sure that they are not almost blocked. We can do this by a carotid ultrasound (or duplex or Doppler - three names for the same test that uses ultrasound), by using either CT scans or MRI scans (CT angiography or MR angiography), or by actually injecting dye into your blood vessels during an angiogram.

For more information:

Go to the Stroke health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Brett   Kissela, MD Brett Kissela, MD
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Director, Neurology Residency Program
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati