Face and Jaw Surgery

Breast lumps

06/27/2007

Question:

I`m 27 years old. I found a lump in my left breast. When i went to see the doctor he found another one in the right one. I had an ultrasound. Both lumps are close in size (approx 2.1 x 2.3 x 1.3cm) they are both very movable lumps, slightly lobulated, oval, wider than taller. The doctor thinks they are both fibroadenemas. I had a core biopsy on both lumps done a week ago and still awaiting results. I`m very worried. could it turn out to be anything malignant? And is it common to have more than one fibroadenoma at the same time? and if they are really fibroadenomas do i have to surgically remove them or can i leave them and hope they go away. Please advise. I`m a nervous wreck right now and would highly appreciate the medical guidance that you can give me. Many thanks.

Answer:

This question does not fall within the scope of my topic area. I have forwarded your question to a NetWellness Expert who I hope will be able to provide you with an answer. In a few days, please look for an answer to your question in the NetWellness Expert topic area called Breast Cancer.

Go to the Face and Jaw Surgery health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org