Head and Neck Cancer

Numbness on the right part of the head

07/17/2007

Question:

Hi. I`ve been experiencing this weird feeling on the right side of my head for the past five months. When it started, I first had pain in my ears. I went to an EENT doctor but he only advised me to sleep adequately and cut the caffeine because I always drink softdrinks and coffee. Then the ear pain went away, but since then, I feel like the rightmost part of my head down to my ear is somewhat numb, or the feeling when one has goosebumps, and sometimes I would feel like it`s full of air. It worsens when its hot or I`m tired, but it doesn`t have any pain. What could these be? It`s been bothering me for months. Thanks!

Answer:

Unfortunately, we cannot speculate as to what is going on. Since it has continued, we'd recommend that you make arrangements for an appointment for re-evaluation.

Go to the Head and Neck Cancer health topic, where you can:

Cheryl  Koliha-Brandt, MSN, RN, CNS, CORLN Cheryl Koliha-Brandt, MSN, RN, CNS, CORLN
Clinical Nurse Specialist and Instructor of
Head and Neck Surgery and Oncology 
Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing

Pierre  Lavertu, MD, FRCS(C), FACS Pierre Lavertu, MD, FRCS(C), FACS
Professor of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery