Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Arthritis and Rheumatism

Feet pain



I have both RA and OA in my feet. Now I have a different type of pain. The pain runs on the inside of my foot. From the back of my ankle down towards the arch of my foot and just under my big toe just were the arch starts. Also now when I walk it feels like I am walking on the outside of my foot and that my big toe bearly touches the ground when I walk. Could this be caused my joint damage and it is pulling on the ligaments and tendons on the other side of my foot or what else could it be?


This could be a form of plantar fasciitis which is an inflamed ligament on the bottom of the foot. The RA and OA can certainly be causative factors for this type of pain and therefore should be followed up with a health care professional. There is always the possibility of stress fractures, strains and strains when unexplained pain is present and this too should be evaluated by a health care professional.  You should consult with a podiatrist, orthopedist, primary care physician, etc.

For more information:

Go to the Arthritis and Rheumatism health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Jeffrey M Robbins, DPM Jeffrey M Robbins, DPM
Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University