Pain Management

Major Headache Confusion

07/23/2007

Question:

Hello, I have been having this headache for about a week in a half now. I went to 2 different hospitals to see what the problem was. They didn't really say nothing was wrong. They second hospital prescribed me with narcotics to get rid of pain. That works but only for a few. Do you no what could be the cause? I wake up in the middle of the night because of this headache. My headache has been lasting along time. On a scale of 1-10 to be the worst its an 8. Please respond fast

Answer:

Greetings and sorry to hear about your suffering from the headache. Just from your brief description of the headache, I do not know what is the cause of your headache. However, it is important that you seek medical attention by a local neurologist sooner. The local neurologist should be able to diagnose and manage your headache. It is very difficult for me to diagnose your headache based on your very brief description. Best regards.

Go to the Pain Management health topic, where you can:

Yousef  Mohammad, MD, MSc Yousef Mohammad, MD, MSc
Director, Stroke Fellowship Program