Braces

Affordable braces

07/27/2007

Question:

I`m looking for some affordable braces for my 12 year old daughter. I am in a low - mid income family ( my husband is the provider) with no dental insurance. We reside in Stark county Ohio - just south of Canton. I take both my daughters to the health dept. for their check-ups & cleanings, neither of them have ever had a cavity ! My 12 yr. old continues to ask for braces, & she well needs them. Just looking for something we can afford, if possible. Thank you.

Answer:

I receive this question many times.  Most orthodontists have a payment plan without interest if your credit is satisfactory. Another possibility is to go to either Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio or to Ohio State University College of Dentistry in Columbus, Ohio.  In some cases Care Source is available under Medicaid for those who qualify. I hope these suggestions are helpful. Make  sure you go to a trained specialist who limits his/her practice to orthodontics.

Go to the Braces health topic, where you can:

Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS
Professor Emeritus - Clinical, Associate of Dentistry