Exercise and Fitness

Concerned about veins

07/31/2007

Question:

I have been lifting weights for a couple of years now. I am a 19 year old male. I would consider myself pretty skinny at 5`9` 145 lbs. I would say I have a pretty low body fat percentage. I have always been a pretty veiny guy. Been trying to gain weight and working out so have taken weight gain powders along with creatine, but the weight gain didn`t last. Anyways, My arms and hands have gotten increasingly veiny. (Maybe I overstrained myself by lifting too much). When in heat or after eating, my hands inflate and feel really heavy. The veins run down to my knuckles like a roadmap and it is very embarrasing. I have never taken drugs. It is uncomfortable because they feel heavy, but they are not painful. I want to bulk up, but am hoping they will go away, but am weary about working out anymore if that is what is causing it so I haven`t for awhile, but it has not gone away. Is there a cure? When my metabolism slows down and I can put on some weight will they go away? Please help. Thanks.

Answer:

Sounds like you may have a circulation problem and I would suggest that you consult your physician before restarting any exercise routine or program.

Go to the Exercise and Fitness health topic, where you can:

Jayme   Johnson, MS Jayme Johnson, MS
Program Manager
Fitness Center at CARE\Crawley