Incontinence

Male 27 years old, atypical Incontinence

08/20/2007

Question:

Hello, I am a 27 year old relatively healthy male with a small incontinence problem. The symptoms have been present for a few years but have changed throughout that time. The symptoms started to appear only immediately after urination but now exist at all times. I have had prostate exams, cystoscope, urodynamics study and lots of blood tests. The consensus seems to be that I have a nerve issue so my bladder muscles contract when they are not supposed to. The problem is, I`m not sure if I believe this diagnosis, because along with urinary symptoms I also have a problem keeping an erection and after an erection I usually have some leakage. So, my question would be, does it make sense that it could just be a nerve to my bladder with all these symptoms present? Sorry for the long question. Thanks.

Answer:

It very much makes sense that your problem could be related to a nerve. Branches of the same pelvic nerves run to the bladder and the penis to effect sensation as well as stimulation.

Go to the Incontinence health topic, where you can:

Marc F Cymes, PA Marc F Cymes, PA
Clinical Instructor of Urology