NetWellness is a global, community service providing quality, unbiased health information from our partner university faculty. NetWellness is commercial-free and does not accept advertising.
Thursday, July 2, 2015
Obesity and Weight Management
Unexplainable weight gain
Hi Just resently I started working in construction i go up and down stairs for about 6 hours a day also i my eating habits are as healthy as ever eating 4 to 5 times a day all healthy snacks and healthy portions but in the last 2 months i have put on 50 pounds. I can not understand why. I also am feeling a whole bunch of othe syptoms. Please help
Before I try to guess what's going on with you, I really need more information. If you are able to provide answers to these questions, I will try to help, or at least to point you in the right direction.
- What is your age?
- Are you a man or woman?
- How tall are you?
- What was your weight before you started gaining weight and what is your weight now?
- Do you have any other health problems?
- Do you take any medications - and if so what are they and how long have you been taking them?
- Do you have a family history of any problems with diabetes or thyroid.
- Do you drink alcohol and how much?
- Please describe what typical choices you maker (food and drink) for breakfast, lunch dinner and snacks?
- Are you having any other new symptoms?
- Have you ever had unexplained weight gain or loss before?
If you can provide this information, I may be able to help or at least recommend what you should do next!
Eileen Seeholzer, MD, MS
Assistant Professor of Medicine
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University