Rehabilitation

Electronic stimulation

08/21/2007

Question:

My high school daughter recently had a sore shoulder (tendon). She is a swimmer. She saw a sports chiropractor at the suggestion of a trainer friend. His initial manipulation was very helpful. She then started treatments that electrically stimulate the area as she regains strength - there are 10 of these treatments prescribed, then an analysis and exercise recommendations. It is not covered by insurance and is frankly expensive. I am wiling to continue but I know nothing about the subject and did not find much but advertisment on the internet. It appears to come from the Netherlands originally. Do you have any knowledge of this treament? Is it viable? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Answer:

I was a swimmer in college. From an experiential and medical standpoint, we would advise the following:

Go to the Rehabilitation health topic, where you can:

Stephen J Page, PhD Stephen J Page, PhD
Director of Research, Associate Professor
Drake Center