Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Why is my penis red, swollen, and sensitive?

My penis, especially during the past four months, has been extremely sensitive at the head. It is red and swollen, and it has definetly effected my sex life. I do not even want to have sex because it gets so sensitive it does not feel good unless I have it exactly right.

I have always had a problem ejaculating as well. It takes me awhile (whether it`s during sex, oral sex) If I masturbate I can do it exactly how it will get me off, but still takes awhile. Also, if it is during intercourse, I have to be on top or else I will lose my erection. I have to do it at a certain speed and this also can be VERY unenjoyable for my partner.

I have been tested for all STD`s, and as for HPV, my girlfriend has been tested also, and we both have a clean bill of health.

What could this problem be? I like sex and want to have it, but I am not sure why it is so sensitive/unenjoyable.

Thank you

I would start with a dermatologist to determine the cause of the redness on the penis.

Once the redness, sensitivity issues are fixed, then the other problems may fix themselves.

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Allen D Seftel, MD Allen D Seftel, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology