Mental Health

My wife can`t forget my past relationship.

09/10/2007

Question:

I am a newly wed have been married for over two months now, I have dated my for wife for 2 years. I was previously married and have a daughter from my previous marriage. When my wife and I get intimate she has a tendency to have thoughts pop into her head about my ex-wife and how it might have been for me, having relations with my ex-wife. It causes her and I to lose interes and eventually end up in me feeling like it was my fault. Now I have explained to her that it was in my past that she matters to me more than anything but she stills gets those thoughts in her head, how can I help her to not think like that and make her feel more as if I belong to her and she belongs to me and no one else?

Answer:

I would recommend that you seek couple’s counseling to help you overcome this problem. Counseling can be quite effective for this kind of issue. Good luck to you.

Go to the Mental Health health topic, where you can:

Radu   Saveanu, MD Radu Saveanu, MD