Amputation

Amputation statistics by geographic areas

09/20/2007

Question:

Do you know where I can obtain statistics on amputation rates broken down geographically by state, by region, by city?

Answer:

Although this website is primarily intended to provide health information pertaining to the evaluation and management of medical conditions, I nevertheless have searched a variety of databases using the Internet for the information you requested, and have not yet come across these statistics. As noted in the "Amputation Overview" for this Health Topic Area, under the section "Amputation Statistics," please note the link to the Amputee Coalition of America's National Limb Loss Information Center (NLLIC) (http://www.amputee-coalition.org/nllic_about.html), which you may use to either e-mail your question, or contact that organization by phone; hopefully you'll find this suggestion to be of some help.

Go to the Amputation health topic, where you can:

Brian L Bowyer, MD Brian L Bowyer, MD
Clinical Associate Professor
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation