Oral Cancer

Could Stress and Irregular Sleep Cause a White Lump On Tonsils?

09/17/2007

Question:

Hello, For about 3 months now I have had a white (painless) lump on my right Tonisl. About a month before I noticed this, I got Tonsil stones for the first time. I popped them out and hoped I would never get them again. Then, I saw the white spot reappear. Near a crevice/creator in my right tonsil. I have tried to get it to pop out but it seems to be under the skin. A little background on me: I am totally stressed out, working 2 jobs for a total of about 90 hours per week and my sleep habits are very irregurlar. I have cronic sinusitus and first developed Tonisil stones about 4 months ago. However, my tonsils are always large and red and have always been. I am a 30 year old male, non smoker. Any advice?

Answer:

I would suggest you consider being evaluated by an otolaryngologist (ENT) who can examine this area and provide reasonable advice.

I have also forwarded your question to a NetWellness Expert who I hope will be able to provide you with an answer. In a few days, please look for an answer to your question in the NetWellness Expert topic area called Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders.

Go to the Oral Cancer health topic, where you can:

Amit  Agrawal, MD Amit Agrawal, MD
Associate Professor of Otolaryngology