Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Inherited Disorders and Birth Defects

Genetic Disorders



I have two of my children that were born with the chromosome disorder of turner syndrome and I was wondering where I could go to have a chromosome analysis done to see if it was from me.


I would highly recommend that you talk to a geneticist or genetic counselor to discuss having a chromosome analysis done. They would be able to set that up for you and provide you with information about what the test is looking for as well as to tell you what the results mean. This would be especially important if you are planning on having more children in the future as well as helping you to understand what this means for your children and their futures.

You can locate a genetics center near you by going to the National Society of Genetic Counselors’ Resource Center at the website listed below.

Related Resources:

National Society of Genetic Counselors Resource Center

For more information:

Go to the Inherited Disorders and Birth Defects health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Anne   Matthews, RN, PhD Anne Matthews, RN, PhD
Associate Professor of Genetics
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University