Epidural complications

I had an epidural on 8/7/07 due to having a baby. First, I had difficulty breathing, and then my heart rate hit over 180 (normally 90/70). Finally, my mind went blank, I started crying uncontrollably, and I felt utter doom... Since then I have countless problems. I have had a spinal headache for 2.5 months, my neck is stiff, tingling/numbing mainly in the brain - it has recently spread... I have weekness in the limbs and face as well as tingling/numbing sensations. I also have the sensations down my spinal column. I feel like I am burning up inside, but I have a subtemp, not a fever. My hearing goes in and out; it feels like the pressure is changing in my ear, then my hearing decreases temporarily. I also have ringing in my ears. I feel a little paranoid/jumpy and hear a baby screaming sound that is like an echo when there is no baby screaming.

Oh, I was 100% completely normal, young, & healthy before. HELP! Can I be fixed? What should I do? : ( I had a CT scan of the brain that was 100% normal. Now, I`m waiting to get in to see an anesthesiologist.

Dealing with these unpleasant symptoms must be very difficult for you. It is hard to see how your epidural could be responsible however. I suggest you seek medical attention from your primary care doctor as soon as possible.

Gareth S Kantor, MD Gareth S Kantor, MD
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology