Bleeding and Clotting Disorders

High platelets

10/29/2007

Question:

12 years ago I started to get swollen under my armpit. I went to the doctor and he told me that it was just breast tissue moving under my armpit. Now I went to the doctor 9/2007 because under my other arm was getting bigger. She sent me for a breast exam specialist and he said "my Lymph nodes are enlarge". Before that she call me back 3 times because my platelets was high. And she pull my pass medical file from 2001 and they was high then. Now I have night sweats, my skin have these rashes that I stay itching, and at the age of 32 I find out that I have asthma and I lost some weight. Can this be Hodgkins Disease?

Answer:

From what you describe, it is possible that this could be Hogdkins, but it is not possible to say much more without having more information about your case. I would encourage you to follow with your doctor and have lymph node biopsy done if the physician is concerned about Hodgkins Disease or a non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

Go to the Bleeding and Clotting Disorders health topic, where you can:

Spero R Cataland, MD Spero R Cataland, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Internal Medicine