Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Arthritis and Rheumatism

Joint pain



It has been determined through an MRI that I have significant inflammation in my joints. My physician is referring me to an othopaedic. I feel I should go to a rheumotologist. Is there anyway to determine by symptoms what type of physician I should be referred to?


Either one would probably do. If it were me, I would see a rheumatologist unless I thought that surgery would be required.

For more information:

Go to the Arthritis and Rheumatism health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Irving  Kushner, MD Irving Kushner, MD
Professor Emeritus of Medicine
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University