Braces

Braces

11/20/2007

Question:

When I had braces I had 4 bicuspids pulled. I feel that my teeth were moved too far down in my mouth and they do not look right. My teeth do not fit with the arch of my mouth now. What are my options for moving the teeth back into my mouth a little bit, and then using bonding to correct my smile.

Answer:

You must return to an orthodontist and have new records taken.  For example, a left cephlogram, photographs and models of the teeth, or scanned models may be needed. Then it would also be helpful if you could recover the original records for comparison. Only in that way can the orthodontist evaluate your concerns.

It is possible that your original problem could only be resolved through orthodontics and extraction or surgical correction. Many times the patient will opt for extractions rather than orthognathic (jaw) surgery. In any event, it should be possible to ascertain what the options are now with new records.

Go to the Braces health topic, where you can:

Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS
Professor Emeritus - Clinical, Associate of Dentistry