Vascular Surgery

Right leg and varicose veins

I have varicose veins in my leg that are very painful at times when I stand a long time, they are continuing to break more as I get older. Any solutions.

Also, in that same leg I recently noticed a small knot under the skin that I can feel. I checked it out to see if it was an insect bite, but there is not a head and it is under the skin. It is about the size of a pea, any idea what this can be. It is just a little soreness when you press on it. I am a cardiac patient 59 years old and was wondering is it something to be concerned about.

There are several minimally invasive options to treat problems with veins although your cardiac history may preclude some of them. If you are not a smoker and have normal pulses in your feet, support stockings would help give you relief. Have your doctor refer you to a vascular surgeon if you want to investigate it further.

Good luck!

Go to the Vascular Surgery health topic, where you can:

Amy B Reed, MD Amy B Reed, MD