Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Skin Care and Diseases

Wart-like growths on my face



I`m a 50 year old white male. A few years ago, small wart like objects started appearing on my face. They are about 1/8 of an inch across, round, and have a hole (dimple) in their centers. There is no secretion, and no blackhead: the color is normal skin color. I`m in the military and had them looked at, I didn`t really get a lot of help with them, was only told don`t be concerned. However, I find them unsightly and would like to get rid of them if possible. Also, I`ve had an epidermoid cyst on my back for years that has a blackhead and secretes the cheesy substance when squeezed, and another on on my forehead without a blackhead.


There are many possible growths on the face that could look like warty growths. Flesh colored growths that have a punctum in the middle could be sebaceous hyperplasias which are enlarged oil glands. These are benign conditions. The only thing that warrants removal is a skin cancer. Epidermal cysts, if they are frequently draining, tender and symptomatic may also be surgically removed.

For more information:

Go to the Skin Care and Diseases health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Elma D Baron, MD Elma D Baron, MD
Associate Professor of Dermatology
Director, Skin Study Center
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University