Stroke

Injury to the head/MRI findings...

01/16/2008

Question:

A couple of months ago, I fell and hit my head. My left pinky finger and up my left arm went numb and my lip quivered on the left bottom part. The next morning, my eye sight went to perfect vision from being near sighted. I had most all of the post concussion syndrome symptoms but gradually most of them have cleared up. My concern is my left eye. It has pain in it all the time and feels like there is something in the eye, but they cannot find anything. The MRI said, "A 3 mm cystic area in the left subinsular white matter which may represent a remote lacunar infarct or a prominent perivascular space. The latter favored." Whatever that is, could it cause the eye to be the way it is? Thank you.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms or interpret your testing results. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

White Matter Changes

Go to the Stroke health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org