Exercise and Fitness

New Year`s Resolution

01/07/2008

Question:

I really need to lose weight, so I made a New Year's Resolution to start working out more. However, it's been awhile since I have worked out, so I don`t want to get injured or burnt out in the process. Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to start this whole process?

Answer:

When starting a workout program, you never want to go overboard. Start slowly and work at your own pace. Do some sort of exercise activity that you enjoy, like walking your dog an extra 1/2 mile, playing a game of basketball, or even riding your bicycle to the store instead of driving. You have already made the first step towards meeting your goal of losing weight by deciding to get into action and starting a workout program. The next step is to start out slowly and progressively build up a tolerance to exercise. Think of it as this- you never start at the top of the mountain, you always start at the bottom - so just enjoy the journey!

Go to the Exercise and Fitness health topic, where you can:

Henry  Marshall, BS Henry Marshall, BS
Fitness Instructor
Fitness Center at CARE\Crawley