Bleeding and Clotting Disorders

Dizziness after major blood loss

I was told by the ER doc I would need a blood transfusion after major blood loss from a miscarriage. My OB/Gyn came in that night and did a d&c and sent me home with iron pills. I have been feeing dizzy and faint, poundng in my ears with headache and Sob. I cant seem to walk very much because I get lightheaded and start to black out. I checked my BP and is about 95/55 I tod my OB but he said he will see me in 2 weeks. No one checked my blood levels again before I left the hospital and the er doctor seemed to be worried about the levels before I left for the d&c. Will the symptoms pass? I have no other instructions and feel real bad. any advice is helpfull. Thanks

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. Please note, NetWellness is not an emergency service.

You should call your doctor, tell them the symptoms, and see if you need a repeat blood count right away.

Go to the Bleeding and Clotting Disorders health topic, where you can:

Eric H Kraut, MD Eric H Kraut, MD
Professor of Hematology