Pain Management

Managing Bone Pain

01/30/2008

Question:

For the past year I have had severe bone pain. It`s not muscle pain or joint pain, but bone pain. I have fevers that last 3 or 4 days in a row, go away and come back. They usually never exceed 102.0. My left side hurts more than my right and it affects my hip, knee and shoulder one at time on a rotation. I have nausea and vomiting as well. My WBC has been between 17,000-26,000 for the past year as it fluctuates. I have seen 2 rhuematologists and they have ruled out SLE & Arthritis. My neurologist diagnosed me with essential tremors and demyelinating neuropathy. My private care physician ordered a CT scan last week and my lymph nodes in my neck are enlarged. I have no concrete answers and it`s frustrating. I am in debilitating pain daily. It is not Fibromyalgia because I take several medications for that and it has not helped at all. I have had 1 bout of pleurisy lately and I have severe pain at the base of the neck, the sternum and the diaphram. I am 24 and I do have a history of optic nerve atrophy, peritonitis, pericarditis, heart defect, cataracts and I had my gallbladder out in 2002. I have no answers and I am at a loss. Any information provided would be helpful. My mom found something on Adult-Onset Still`s Disease! Could it be this? Is lymphoma an option?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms, interpret your testing results or recommend treatment. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Go to the Pain Management health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org