Obesity and Weight Management

Can`t lose any more weight

08/05/2008

Question:

Hello there I have a question about my weight issues. In the last 3 years or so i have lost 130 pounds. I started out at 360 and now I`m down to 230. But in the last six months I haven`t been able to lose anything and can`t figure out why. I consistently go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week and do lift light weight so I do more reps and then about 1.5 hours of cardo. For my diet I eat eggs in the morning, fruit in yogurt for the afternoon, and then chicken with rice or pasta for dinner, and I drink nothing but 1 glass a milk a day and water. What am I doing wrong?

Answer:

First, congratulations on a personal achievement in caring for yourself that few are able to commit to doing. Second, congratulations on making dietary changes that are healthful — your exercise routine is terrific and I hope sustainable.

You are clearly eating a lower calorie diet. Good breakfast choice if the eggs are not fried, but I notice you have no vegetables and still have white rice and pasta.

To help you answer your question, I need to know a few more things:

I hope to hear from you soon.

Go to the Obesity and Weight Management health topic, where you can:

Eileen  Seeholzer, MD, MS Eileen Seeholzer, MD, MS
Assistant Professor of Medicine