Oral Cancer

What Could Long Lasting Sore Throat and Black Spots Indicate?

02/18/2008

Question:

I`ve had this sensation in my throat for 3 weeks now and it doesn`t seem to be getting any better. At first it seemed more like something was caught in my throat, but now at times it seems a little sore, and others like when I cough to clear my throat, or just swallow my saliva normally, it almost seems like it`s catching on something and not clearing completely. The other thing I noticed just this week was that I have 3 dark spots inside my mouth on the side. They aren`t bumps because I can`t feel them, and they don`t hurt, so I don`t know if I just bit the side of my mouth one time or if it`s something I should be worried about also. I`ve gone to my doctor here at school and he did a full checkup, feeling my throat and looking around in my mouth, and said everything looked healthy, but that was before these three spots showed up. Please help. Thank you.

Answer:

Unfortunately it is not possible to diagnose your problem with a description. If your problem is persistent, then it is probably a good idea to be evaluated by an ear, nose, throat physician (ENT) for further advice.

Go to the Oral Cancer health topic, where you can:

Amit  Agrawal, MD Amit Agrawal, MD
Associate Professor of Otolaryngology