Anxiety and Stress Disorders (Children)

Fear of the Unknown

04/08/2008

Question:

Help me to understand please? I have a big problem with change.Even the littlest things give me doubt ,throw me off, or put me in a panic.Could it be O.C.P.D , A.D.D ,fear of the unknown or ? I see now you can`t give a diagnosis,so anything would be greatly appreciated. Thank-You for your time and effort,

Answer:

Upset in equilibrium or the stress of change (even if the change is good) is hard for some people. Often those who tend to be introspective or what psychologists call “internalizing”. The perception that this is what challenges you is a good insight that can lead to overcoming your fears if put in the right mind set. I would suggest you get some help with coping skills from a mental health provider, which would hold you in good stead throughout your life, given what you know about yourself already it would be a good investment in positive mental health.

Go to the Anxiety and Stress Disorders (Children) health topic, where you can:

Floyd R Sallee, MD