Spine and Back Health

Tailbone ache or pain

03/18/2008

Question:

I have had a low grain ache right at my tailbone area for over 6 months. It will increase if I sit in a chair with no padding. The less the chair padding, the sooner and worse the ache to almost a pain. I am a 54 years old male, never had an operation. I do not remember falling or injuring the area. However, may have and not given it a second thought at the time. I do ride a motorcycle however, the motorcycle has a really nice large seat. After 3 days of traveling the ache will go from not noticed to a noticeable ache but not uncomfortable to keep me from ridding. No noticeable swelling, bruising and not tender to touch.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Tailbone trauma
Broken Tailbone
Coccydynia
Tail Bone pain

Go to the Spine and Back Health health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org