My 7 year old girl

04/08/2008

Question:

last summer my daughter stared having hard white bumps in her left shoudel i tock her to see 2 specialist but i am not happy with the answer becase it does not make any sent she is only 7 years old very skinie but healty i have three girls but she is the only one the have this bump they said the is muloscum contagioso but the use the same tower they sleep together they always together she has so many of them.whent they ready to be pop they get soft and very red but whent i pop 1 it goes away but then she get a nother one please help me i don`t know what to do and the doctor don`t want to take one sample and send it to know what it is.

Answer:

The history and course of the bumps could indicate molluscum contagiosum indeed. This is very common in children her age. It is unclear why some are more prone to it than others even though they share the same environment. A second opinion may be worthwhile if this continues to be a problem.

Elma D Baron, MD Elma D Baron, MD
Associate Professor of Dermatology
Director, Skin Study Center