Colon Cancer

Should I be worried?

04/29/2008

Question:

Just recently, I have found that when I use the restroom and I wipe, there is blood on my paper. It is bright red. But how it happened I think was that the first day I had a hard time, but after a while I was able to push it out. It did bleed, but I thought it normal. Then the next day, I went to the bathroom and I didn`t strain, I didn`t have a problem. I don`t feel pain, yet I still bleed. I researched the internet and I am scared that it is something malignant. As far as I know, I have no family history of any colon cancer or anything. But I am scared at 17 years old I will have some kind of cancerous disease. So should I worry?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. A question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The links below will connect you to that information. NetWellness may also have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Occasional bright red blood on toilet tissue
Is it possible to have blood in your stool, but not have colon cancer?
Rectal bleeding - concerned, please help

Go to the Colon Cancer health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org