Infertility

Fertomid (generic of clomid)

05/12/2008

Question:

i am 24,healthy and tryin to conceive for 1year now,me and my husband have been diagnosed as everything bein normal.i am on my second month of fertomid 25mg(a generic of clomid)taken on days 5-9 of my cycle.last month my estrogen and progesterone levels taken on day 14 and 25 respectively and were very high, i then got my menses on day 35.do you think i need to increase my dosage of the fertomid or am i ovulating on this low dosage

Answer:

We typically start patients with unexplained infertility on a dose of 100mg of Clomiphene Citrate or Clomid.  However, if you are ovulatory on a dose of 25 mg, you may want to consider increasing to at least 50 mg.  Also, with a diagnosis of unexplained infertility, I typically combine intrauterine insemination with the use of clomiphene citrate to increase the likelihood of pregnancy.  A total of 3-4 cycles should maximize your chances with that particular treatment. 

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

Daniel B Williams, MD Daniel B Williams, MD