Complementary Medicine

Cranberry Pills and Jock Itch

05/01/2008

Question:

I am 87 and have had severe jock itch for 12 continuous years. I have had to apply an prescription ointment to both sides of my scrotum about every 4 days to keep it from going into lesion. This is going on for 12 years. So I was greatly pleased with the results of adding cranberry pills (from Walmart) to my diet for the purpose of reducing the frequency of urinary tract infection`s that I am bothered with. My jock itch has disappeared now for 6 weeks. Never before in the 12 years has this come close to happening.

Can you suggest a forum or medium I can post this anecdotal testimony on so other men can see it and benefit from it? Thanks.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. Unfortunately, your question is beyond the scope of this service as NetWellness experts provide general information about health and wellness.

Go to the Complementary Medicine health topic, where you can:

Glen F Aukerman, MD, DABFP Glen F Aukerman, MD, DABFP
Professor of Family Medicine