Cancer

Alcohol Induced Back Pain

05/21/2008

Question:

I am a 22 year old male. In June of last year I noticed that I was getting lower back pain after alcohol consumption.

This pain only occurred 36 hours after alcohol consumption and lasted a few days.

The pain now seems to come and go with or without alcohol consumption since a pretty heavy night out at Christmas. I also started to experience fascial flushing and palpatations. I have recently discovered that these symptoms may correlate with non-hodgkins lymphoma.

I have been to my GP who says that this is usually in the neck and chest and not in the lower back but I am very concerned.

Please could you help.

Thanks

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, we try to answer general questions about health but cannot diagnose or recommend treatment. You appear to have some very, very specific questions about your condition, which can only be answered properly by a physician who is familiar with your history, physical exam, and test results. Your questions about the testing results you've been given or the risks, benefits, and alternatives for proposed treatments of this condition need to be directed to your treating physician(s). You should insist that they answer these questions in a way that you are able to understand before consenting to any treatment. If your physician is unable to help you understand these issues, you should get a second opinion. Take care.

Go to the Cancer health topic, where you can:

Joanna M Brell, MD Joanna M Brell, MD
Formerly, Assistant Professor of Medicine