Digestive Disorders

Intestinal pain

06/03/2008

Question:

I have pain and soreness in my intestine. I`ve been tested for Celiac by both a biopsy and a blood test, and both were negative. The pain comes on suddenly, causes a burning in my intestines, followed by either immediate diarrhea, or overnight pain with constipation. In both cases, my intestine is sore for a couple of days after. This has been going on for at least once a week for the last four months, and once a month for about 9 months before that. It basically feels like there are sores in my intestine.

I can`t seem to find a relationship to types of food that causes it. I also have acid reflux disease, which is controlled with prevacid once a day. The only other symptom I have is a mild raw tongue. My tongue never really hurts, it just gets patches where the top layer of skin is gone. The raw tongue comes and goes also. I`m not sure that the tongue and the intestinal problems are related, just wanted to mention it, just in case.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Go to the Digestive Disorders health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org