Arthritis and Rheumatism

Could Sclerderma Cause Claw-like Hands in the Middle of the Night?

05/28/2008

Question:

Please help. I have problems with my hands. I have been to 22 doctors. First, they told me carple tunnel in both, next arthritis, next sclerderma (no cure) and I had only 5 years to live. Now a new doctor said she does not see sclerderma even though, John Hopkins hospital told me I do? I am in pain, and need answers somewhere? I have tiny white bumps on my feet and arms. Biopsy said possible sclerderma, yet my new doctor again said she does not see it. I was in Europe this passed week, and not one problem for two or more weeks. I was in heaven. Came home to Florida, and problems are back every day or night. It is like a rush of quick sand fills up in my hands and leaves me in pain and stiffness. I also had edema in left foot and pain in my abdomal area where I had my appendix out over 5 years ago. Went into Jupiter Medical hospital, they ruled out Lupis, and I just watched mystery diagnosis, and a patient had riders disease. It sounded like me, yet no real eye problems, except swelling or puffness? I just want some doctor somewhere to give me a diagnois so I can deal with this. Going on 2 and half years now and again 22 doctors including many trips to John Hopkins. I pray you can help. Thank you.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Go to the Arthritis and Rheumatism health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org