Sleep Disorders

Trouble getting up in the morning

05/29/2008

Question:

I am 14 years of age and have a problem with getting up in the morning. I exercise almost every day and I eat a healthy diet. I often take naps on weekends and even weekdays after school without even trying. I go to bed at 9 o`clock at night, but sometimes later because of homework. When my dad wakes me up in the morning at around 5 o`clock, it often takes multiple tries to get me awake. I feel like I am in such a deep sleep, but I feel at the same time that I got hardly any sleep at all. What can I do to feel well-rested when I wake up in the morning?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. A question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The links below will connect you to that information. NetWellness may also have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Sleep too soundly
Unable to wake up
Trouble awakening - I can't hear alarms or anything else

Go to the Sleep Disorders health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org