Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


Controlling and holding urine



My mother is 75 years old. Recently she cannot control her urine. Is there a surgery to help her to have more control over urination?


It all depends what kind of urinary incontinence she has. Most likely her condition is treatable by medication if she has overactive bladder. Surgery is designed to correct stress urinary incontinence. See your urologist for more information.

For more information:

Go to the Anesthesia health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Ahmad  Hamidinia, MD Ahmad Hamidinia, MD
Formerly, Professor of Clinical Surgery
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati