Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


Blocked tube



i have one tube left due to a surgery a while ago, my remaining one is blocked in the middle. is it possible for me to try to open my tube with a radiologist or is ivf my only option? i do not want to open the only tube then have ectopic preg.


While it depends upon the nature of the damage to that tube.  Even if it were opened, you would have an increased risk for tubal pregnancy.  With the history that I have, IVF would likely be your best option.  I would also suggest that you speak to an infertility specialist to determine whether your remaining tube is "operable" or not.

For more information:

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Daniel B Williams, MD Daniel B Williams, MD
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati