What`s the best multivitamin for hair health

05/29/2008

Question:

My question was what is the best multi vitamin to use for healthy hair or what vitamins should I buy for healthy hair and scalp? Shampoos what are the best over counter shampoo`s for healthy hair and scalp? what else cn I do for healthy hair to make it grow and are there DHT blockers you can buy that work?

Answer:

This is no right answer as there are no clinical trials proving one multivitamin vs. another is better for hair and scalp health (or that a MVI even helps) . In addition, there is no such thing as the best OTC shampoo as each person's hair type and preferences vary. From a medical perspective, it is important to have a healthy diet, good sleep, good exercise, low stress to keep skin and hair healthy. In addition, the use of mild shampoos (frequency depends on your hair type, a reputable stylist can give you suggestions) and a conditioner as needed, are recommended. Companies such as Procter and Gamble, Neutrogena, Johnson and Johnson, and others may have some suggestions on their websites.

Pranav   Sheth, MD Pranav Sheth, MD