Infertility

No period after taking provera

06/11/2008

Question:

Hi I have PCOS we have been trying for a babyThe first day of my period was May 3 that came without taking the provera did a mix cycle of clomid and menopur I started the clomid on day 3 of my periond and the menopur on day 7 i had a MD appt on day 10 and the md said not enough mature follices to do the HCG trigger shot so we where gonna do a cycle of only the menopur so she gave provera to induce period i took the provera for 10days start on on may 16 today is june 2 and I still have not gotton my period normally when i was taken the provera the logest i ever went before the period started was 4day.. ima to scred to take a pregnacy test what may be the cause of this.

Answer:

As today is June 10th, you should have gotten your period by now.  It typically comes within 1-2 weeks after you have finished your period.  If not, we do a pregnancy test, and if it were negative, I would recommend a progesterone injection to get your period started.

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

Daniel B Williams, MD Daniel B Williams, MD