Infertility

Multi complications

06/11/2008

Question:

I have had missed periods since when I started a period cycle. I was A late starter at age 17. I was put on birth control to regulate the cycle. But when off of birth control, no periods. Then soon got married and wanted to get pregnant, but no periods. When to a health clinic put me on medoxyprogesterone and tried fertility drugs as well, nothing, I have been married for 14 years and still am relying on the progesterone tablets to have a period each month. I once had cervicle cancer, it was removed and frozen, and then more pills to have a period, What can be done at my stage now, I am 32.

Answer:

At this point, I would recommend a dye test or HSG to see if the tubes are open.  A semen analysis should be performed in your husband.  If all testing were normal, I would consider using fertility shots or pills with insemination (injecting the sperm into the uterus at the time of ovulation).  If pregnancy still has not occurred, I would move to IVF or in vitro fertilization. 

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

Daniel B Williams, MD Daniel B Williams, MD