Incontinence

A squirt after urination

06/18/2008

Question:

I`ve been having this unpredictable leak after I use the bathroom. It`s not a drop or two as I hear people complain about. It`s more like a squirt, similar to an ejaculation. I`ve seen it with my own eyes. As I used the bathroom in the woods, I stood there for about a minute with my fly undone. It was actually an uncontrolled squirt. As mentioned it`s very unpredictable, but I have noticed that it is more likely to happen when I`ve been outside working, and my body is extremely hot or cold. Any advice would be appreciated. From what I`ve seen on the internet, I don`t seem to have a classic problem.

Answer:

Actually, leakage after urination is not uncommon. While a drop or two from the urethra is more common, you may be experiencing a contraction of the bladder after you think you are done. Since the bladder usually does not empty 100% on voiding, there is always a small amount of urine which can be expelled.

Go to the Incontinence health topic, where you can:

Marc F Cymes, PA Marc F Cymes, PA
Clinical Instructor of Urology