Bleeding and Clotting Disorders

Blood

06/10/2008

Question:

I have been going to the Doctor for over a year Now and my blood is very thick and my bllod pressure has been runnin 129/39 and no history of dvts but they are afraid that my bloods gonna start clotting in my viens and the blood thinners arent working what can cause this?

Answer:

From what you are describing I am not certain why you are being told that you blood is “very thick” as you have not had any venous blood clotting issues. I am also not sure why you are being told that the blood thinners are not working, what the blood thinner is, and why they were given to you.

I think you need to talk to your physician as to why they think your blood is thick. If there is a concern that they have, ask your doctor if you need to see a hematologist regarding these issues. I’m sorry I cannot be more helpful at this point, but there is really not enough information for me to know what is going on with you.

Go to the Bleeding and Clotting Disorders health topic, where you can:

Spero R Cataland, MD Spero R Cataland, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Internal Medicine