Mouth Diseases

Frequent mouth ulcer

06/11/2008

Question:

I am 26 years old and mother of two. I frequently develop white and sometimes red blisters in my mouth (inner side of lips and on the tongue also). My doctor told me that I have deficiency of iron. I have been taking multi vitamins and folic acid tablets, but they haven`t proved to be a permanent solution. It`s been three years now and I desperately need your advice. Thanks.

Answer:

What you describe is somewhat confusing since a blister is a special form of a tissue bump that is usually filled with clear fluid. Without seeing the lesions directly to be sure that they are blisters, the underlying problem could be a large number of conditions.

Rather than guess, I would recommend you see a dental specialist such as an oral surgeon or oral pathologist for a careful examination of your lesions and a more accurate diagnosis. Then the most appropriate treatment can be provided and, hopefully, provide you with more permanent or long-lasting relief.

Good luck!

Go to the Mouth Diseases health topic, where you can:

John R Kalmar, DMD, PhD John R Kalmar, DMD, PhD
Clinical Professor of Pathology