Digestive Disorders

Pain in upper right quadrant

06/16/2008

Question:

I have had severe abdominal pain near my liver area. It has been going on for 6+ years and the longer it continues, the more severe my pains/attacks are. Many of my attacks last anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours to a few days. Here are some of the symptoms I am dealing with: abdominal pain over liver area, nausea, dizziness, back pain, diahrrea, rash on the stomach and neck, sweating, dehydration, weight gain. All food makes me ill. Afterwards, I will get an attack, whether I choose to eat or not. There were a few times I noticed blood in my stool and my stool changing color (green, gray, black), fatty liver, high liver enzymes. I have been to the hospital several times, they do scans and blood tests and just tell me that I have a fatty liver and high liver enzymes, but it`s nothing serious and send me home. The pain is so sharp, it is disabling. Could this be a liver disease/dysfunction or pancreatitis?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. Additionally, a question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The link below will connect you to that information.

NASH/liver dysfunction

Go to the Digestive Disorders health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org